Fields are the basic storage element in Vtiger. Vtiger uses fields to store your data and organize the information. These fields collectively make blocks. And all the blocks together are called a record.
In vtiger sometimes, Already present fields may not be enough for your records. Vtiger is an open-source CRM allowing its users to customize Vtiger as per their needs and requirements. It enables users to enhance their workflow and raise their standards using different extensions.
Adding Custom Fields is an extension for Vtiger CRM that allows users to add fields in any module as per their needs and requirements. These fields can be added to the Edit, Create, or Detail view. You can add a new field in a specific module, and edit or delete it when needed. There are several features of this extension listed below
- Add, Modify, or Delete a field in just a few clicks.
- Allows you to add a description field.
- You can also create a picklist with user lists.
- Supports all Built-in as well as custom modules.
- Vtiger Core files are not modified
- Available at Vtiger Marketplace
Every business wants to have its own customized Vtiger CRM. Different extensions and add-ons are available to make your CRM unique. Through custom fields extension you can easily add and modify different fields in your Vtiger.
Enhancing Vtiger CRM with Additional Custom Fields: A Step-by-Step Guide
In Vtiger CRM, personalizing your records is made easy by incorporating extra custom fields into modules like Contacts, Leads, Organizations, Opportunities, and more. These custom fields allow you to capture and manage data specific to your business needs. This comprehensive guide will walk you through the process of adding and utilizing these additional custom fields within Vtiger CRM.
Before proceeding, make sure you have the following:
- Access to Vtiger CRM: Ensure you have a Vtiger CRM account with sufficient permissions to customize modules.
Step 1: Logging in to Vtiger CRM
- Launch your preferred web browser and navigate to the Vtiger CRM login page.
- Enter your login credentials (username and password) and click “Login” to access your Vtiger CRM account.
Step 2: Navigating to Module Customization
- On the Vtiger dashboard, locate and click on the “Settings” or “Cog” icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the dropdown menu, select “CRM Settings.”
- Inside the CRM Settings page, find and click on “Module Management.”
- Under Module Management, choose “Module Customization.”
Step 3: Choosing the Module for Customization
- Select the module name where you want to add custom fields (e.g., Contacts, Leads, Organizations, etc.).
Step 4: Creating a New Custom Field
To add an additional custom field to the selected module, follow these steps:
- In the Module Customization page, go to the “Fields” tab.
- Click on the “Add Custom Field” button.
- Fill in the field details:
- Field Label: Provide a descriptive name for the field (e.g., “Customer ID”).
- Field Name (System Name): This serves as an internal identifier and should not contain spaces or special characters (e.g., “customer_id”).
- Field Type: Choose the appropriate field type (e.g., Text, Number, Date, etc.) based on the data you want to collect.
- Field Length: Specify the maximum character length for text fields (if applicable).
- Default Value: Optionally, set a default value for the field.
- Field Requirement: Select whether the field is mandatory or optional.
- Click “Save” to create the new custom field.
Step 5: Field Configuration (Optional)
You can further customize the custom field to meet your specific needs:
- Field Dependency: Define whether this field relies on another field within the module.
- Field Tooltip: Add a tooltip to provide additional information about the field.
- Help Text: Provide instructions or guidance for users completing this field.
- Field Mapping: If necessary, map the field to other modules.
- Make any required configurations and click “Save” to apply the changes.
Step 6: Implementing the Custom Field
After creating the custom field, you can start using it to collect data in your records. Here’s how:
- Navigate to the module where you added the custom field (e.g., Contacts, Leads, etc.).
- Create a new record or edit an existing one.
- You will now find the custom field in the record’s edit form.
- Enter data into the custom field as needed.
- Save the record to store the data in the CRM.
By following these steps, you can seamlessly enhance your Vtiger CRM experience with custom fields tailored to your unique business requirements.
Implementing Additional Custom Fields in Vtiger CRM: A Step-by-Step Guide for Enhanced Personalization
Custom field extensions in Vtiger refer to adding additional fields or modifying existing ones. If you are looking for someone to help you configure the Custom Fields Extension with your Vtiger Feel free to contact VtigerDev. Because there is no Vtiger job that’s impossible for us.